Sunday, December 25, 2011

15m Stormtroopers

I don't think anyone has ever really done 15mm star wars before, successfully, for one reason: No stormtroopers.

I've seen some prototypical attempts at converting stormtroopers and such, but I've just found a quick and easy solution:



Those are New Swabian League (GZG) Armored Infantry painted white, given the proper helmet details. I didn't do a very good job on them... I just sloppily painted on a few layers of white (so used to Foundation Paints now that painting more than a little bit of white or other non-foundation colors is an absolute pain), painted black in the gaps in the armor, painted the guns grey (makes them stand out a bit against the black and white), and painted on some of the helmet details (how detailed I went varied from model to model, a bit, and I pretty much just painted the 5 main dots in the right zip code and called it done). I'm sure a more skilled/less impatient painter could do better... probably even myself, but I want to get playing!

2 comments:

  1. Thanx for information! These now look like mix of stormtroper, scout trooper and one of Episode 3 clonetroopers (they have dozen of helmet design in Ep3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I had exactly the same idea and was going to get a couple of packs from GZG with my Christmas voucher to paint up. LOL.

    With various people painting up "Essense warriors" for Blasters and Bulkheads, it just seems right that there be Stormtroopers ;)

    ReplyDelete